Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you wanted to delete someone else’s Instagram account without their password? Maybe it’s a disgruntled ex, or an old friend you don’t want to see anymore.
Maybe it’s a family member or a friend who no longer wants their profile up. We’ve all been there, and it can be quite the challenge – especially if you don’t have access to the person’s password.
Whatever the reason, the good news is that deleting someone else’s Instagram account is possible.
Let’s get started.
Delete Other’s Account by Reporting The Instagram Account
If you don’t have access to the account, one of the first things you should try is reporting the profile.
Instagram has a policy against impersonation and other offensive material, so if you think someone is impersonating you or is posting something that violates their community guidelines, hopping on Instagram’s contact page and filing a report is a great way to get the job done.
- Open up the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram profile you want to report having trouble with.
- Select the Report option by tapping the three dots located in the top right corner of the screen.
- After that, pick the option that says This is not appropriate.
- Click the option that says Report Account.
- Finally, choose the option that corresponds with the current status of the Instagram account.
Delete Other’s Account by Reporting The Instagram Account- Method 2
- Go to the support center page on Instagram.
- Choose the second option, which states that someone created an account purporting to be either me or a friend of mine.
- Complete the form by entering your name and email address, as well as the name and username of the Instagram account that is receiving the report.
- Use the JPEG file type to upload a photo of yourself carrying your identification.
- In the Additional infobox, write down your concern.
- The final step is to complete the submission by clicking the “Submit” button.
Delete Others Account by proving that the owners dead
The best and most straightforward way to delete someone else’s Instagram account is if the person in question has passed away. In this case, you can provide Instagram with proof of death and the company will take down the account of the deceased.
To do this, you’ll need to get a certified copy of the death certificate and upload it to Instagram’s ‘Account Deletion Request’ form.
Create a fake email Address
If you don’t have access to the deceased’s death certificate, you can still delete someone else’s Instagram account. You’ll just need to create a fake email address and use it to contact Instagram.
All you need to do is fill out the ‘Account Deletion Request’ form and state that the person you wish to delete has passed away. In your email, include a brief explanation of your situation and ask for them to delete the account.
If you don’t want to create a fake email address, you can also contact Instagram directly. Simply explain your situation in an email and ask for them to delete the account.
Then , you can go through this:
- Launch the application you use to access the web.
- Then check out Instagram’s official support site.
- Provide your full name and email address in the space provided.
- Enter the whole name, username, and link associated with the Instagram account you wish to delete.
- Put details regarding the date that the account owner passed away.
- You can upload a scanned copy of either a birth or death certificate, as well as a power of attorney.
- Write any other information you feel is necessary, including the reasons why the Instagram account needs to be terminated as soon as possible.
- You are finished after you click the send button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you delete an Instagram account without knowing the password?
If you don’t know the password for your Instagram account, there’s no way you can delete it. You are able to have your password reset by providing either your email address or your phone number in the event that you forget it.
How many reports does it take to delete an Instagram account?
According to many sources, Instagram does not have a policy regarding termination. If Instagram has reason to think that a user account is operating in violation of its terms of service, the company reserves the power to deactivate the account in response to a single user complaint.
Can you mass report someone on Instagram?
One can automatically report Instagram users by making use of fundamental scripts that can be found on Github, which is a website that allows users to exchange computer code. By creating many profiles on Instagram, a single offender can easily report another user hundreds of times with just a few clicks.
How do you delete someone’s Instagram account?
Before you can remove another user’s Instagram account, you need to locate their username in Instagram’s search bar. After you have obtained their username, you will need to navigate to the following website address: www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/ and type their username into the corresponding text box. After that, click the “Remove” button.
Will Instagram take down a reported account?
When Instagram determines that user-generated content violates its Community Guidelines, it will remove that content. If they investigate the matter and determine that the content in question does not violate our Community Guidelines, they won’t take any action regarding your complaint. They may confirm you about it. Doing such actions may risk your account.
Does Instagram delete inactive accounts?
Instagram’s policy on inactive accounts is subject to change. On the other hand, the consensus among users is that dormant accounts on the platform are removed after a predetermined amount of time has elapsed without any action. This is done in order to make room for new users and to improve the experience of using the platform as a whole for existing users.
In conclusion, deleting someone else’s Instagram account without password can be tricky. However, by following the methods outlined in this article, you can take the necessary actions to have it removed.
If you need additional help or have questions about the process, let us know in the comments section and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Take control of your online safety and privacy today by taking the steps necessary to remove any unwanted Instagram accounts.