Are you getting a “Feedback Required” error while trying to log in or using one of the features on your Instagram app? If yes, then here is an article on how to fix Feedback Required on Instagram.
- Instagram sometimes throws a “Feedback Required” error when it is facing a server problem.
- Instagram also throws a “Feedback Required” error, if a user has broken any rule.
- Generally the error gets resolved automatically within 24 to 48 hours.
- You can manually resolve this issue by clearing the app cache & data, switching network connections, updating the app, reinstalling the app, or slowing down the activity.
- You can link your Instagram account with your Facebook account to prove that you are a human and not a bot.
How to fix Feedback Required on Instagram?
If you are getting a Feedback Required error on Instagram while logging in or performing any activity such as liking, commenting, direct messaging, tagging, or uploading,
then it is probably because of a temporary glitch, server downtime, or a bot activity.
Now, this error gets resolved automatically after a few hours (usually in less than 24 to 48 hours),
but if it doesn’t, then you might want to try some quick fixes like;
- Clearing the cache and data of the app.
- Updating the app.
- Uninstalling & Reinstalling the app.
- Switching network connections.
- Using a VPN.
- Restarting your device.
- Switching devices.
- Opening the “Access Data” option.
- Decreasing the activity.
- Staying away from some hashtags and comments.
- Contacting the Instagram support team.
Clearing the cache and data of the app.
Cache and Data are an important part of any app as it helps them to function smoothly.
Without them, an app can’t function properly.
But sometimes, the cache and data of the app gets corrupted, leading to some fatal errors, and in this case “Feedback Required” error.
Hence, to fix it, a simple clearing of cache and data is required.
Don’t know how to do it?
Well then, follow this short step-by-step tutorial.
But remember, the process for Android and iPhone varies a lot, and therefore the tutorial is divided into two segments.
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Now, tap on the “Apps” option.
- You will see a list of apps that are installed on your phone.
- Next, scroll down to find the Instagram app.
- Tap on it.
- Then, tap on “Storage & Cache.”
- Lastly, tap on “Clear Cache” and then “Clear storage/data.”
That’s it. You have successfully cleared up your Instagram app’s cache & data.
Now, login into your account with the help of your credentials and see if it works.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Now, navigate to the “General” option, and then tap on it to open.
- Then, tap on “iPhone Storage.”
- You will now get a list of apps that are installed on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and find the Instagram app.
- Tap on it to open.
- Now, tap on the “Offload app” option.
- You will get a confirmation pop-up box with two options, “Offload app” and “Cancel.”
- Tap on “Offload app.”
- After the offloading process is completed, you will see a new option called “Reinstall app.”
- Tap on it to reinstall the Instagram app.
And that’s it. Now, just open up the Instagram app and log in with your credentials to see if the error has been rectified.
However, if this solution didn’t work for you, then don’t worry, and skip to the next option.
Updating the app.
The second solution that you can try if you are facing the “Feedback Required” error is to update the Instagram app on your phone.
Updating an app can fix bugs that are present inside the current version of the app.
Moreover, if your Instagram app is outdated and not supported by the platform itself, then too it can cause this error to pop up on your screen.
So, it would be better that you update to the latest version of the app by going to the App Store or Google Play Store.
Uninstalling & Reinstalling the app.
Now, if updating the app didn’t work for you, then probably you might need to uninstall and reinstall the app itself.
By doing so, any glitches or corrupted file of the app gets restored to it’s original form,
thus solving this problem easily.
Not just that, if you have breached the community guidelines and paced up the activity process,
then reinstalling the app after 24 to 48 hours will help you curb that urge of opening the app during the ban period.
Switching network connections.
Instagram puts the Feedback Required error on the app as soon as it detects bot activity on the platform.
And when it does, it blacklist’s the user based on his/her current IP address.
Therefore, you can try switching the network connection to Wifi, if you were using mobile data, and vice versa.
By changing or switching the connection, you get a new IP address that is safe to use.
Additionally, always check the stability of your internet connection, because Instagram demands high bandwidth.
And if it is unstable, then make a switch as soon as possible.
Using a VPN.
Another workaround that you can use to fix the Feedback Required error on Instagram is by using a VPN.
Yes, as mentioned earlier, Instagram bans those IP addresses which have made a breach.
So, in order to fix this problem, you can use a premium VPN service, which will allot you a new virtual IP address and IP location.
Restarting your device.
Sometimes the Feedback Required error is not caused because of the Instagram servers,
but because of a temporary glitch in your phone which can be rectified by a simple restart.
So, try this method and long press that power button to restart your phone.
Similarly to switching network connections, you can also try switching between devices to change the IP address.
But remember, you may have to bypass the 2FA verification first,
if you have implemented it on your Instagram account.
Opening the “Access Data” option.
Some users have mentioned that the Feedback Required error got fixed automatically as soon as they accessed their data on Instagram.
No doubt it seems like a weird fix, but it’s worth a shot.
To access your data on Instagram just follow these steps.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Login into your account.
- Now, tap on the “Profile Picture” visible at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Your profile will open up.
- Next, tap on the “Hamburger” menu.
- Then, tap on “Your activity.”
- You may be prompted to enter your login credentials.
- After that, let your data load.
- Lastly, just force close the Instagram app and reopen it.
Decreasing the activity.
No doubt it is tempting to like and comment on every single post that appears on your feed.
But, did you know that Instagram has specified limits for every kind of interaction?
Hence, it would be smart to decrease your hourly/daily activity on Instagram.
Moreover, Instagram doesn’t allow users to use any kind of automation to like, comment, or share posts, because it considers such behavior as spammy.
For a better understanding, you might want to review their Community Guidelines.
Staying away from some hashtags and comments.
Hashtags are considered to be the life of Instagrammers, and without them users can’t improve their reach.
But, as we all know Instagram is strict against spammy activities, and hence,
it has banned some of the hashtags on its platform.
Therefore, a user should stay away from such hashtags.
Don’t know which hashtags to avoid?
Well don’t worry, just type in your favorite hashtag inside the search box, and if it doesn’t appear,
then it is surely banned by Instagram.
Additionally, you should also avoid commenting some offensive words in the comments section.
Contacting the Instagram support team.
Lastly, if nothing seems to work for you, then you have no option but to contact Instagram’s support team for help.
It is recommended to screenshot the error and then share it with them for better understanding.
Final Remarks on “How to fix Feedback Required on Instagram?”
So, after this long discussion, it is clear that the “Feedback Required” error is a temporary ban that Instagram implements on its users if it detects any bot-like activity on its platform.
However, this ban gets lifted after a certain period of time, so it is advised to wait for some time, and then only apply the solutions mentioned in the article.