Enabling 2FA protects your items and rank if your password somehow gets compromised. Here’s how to set it up for Rocket League on Xbox.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security for your Rocket League account that helps prevent unauthorized access.
It works by requiring two different forms of authentication when you log in to your account from a new device – typically your password plus a temporary code generated by an authenticator app.
- Link your Xbox Live Account with your Epic Games Account
- Go to epicgames.com and click “Sign In” in the top right corner.
- Choose Xbox Live as the login provider and enter your Xbox credentials. This links your Xbox Live gamertag with your Epic account.
- Enable 2FA on your Epic Games Account
- Once signed in, click on your profile picture in the top right and choose “Account”.
- Go to “Account Security” and then “Two-Factor Authentication”.
- Click to enable two-factor authentication.
- Download an authenticator app like Authy or Google Authenticator and scan the QR code shown. This syncs up the codes.
- Enter a 2FA code when prompted
- Now when you sign into Rocket League on your Xbox using the linked Epic account, it will prompt you to enter a 2FA code from the authenticator app.
- Open the app and enter the 6-digit code currently displayed to finish logging in.
Final Remarks on “How to get 2fa on Rocket League on Xbox?”
That’s it! 2FA is now enabled for your Rocket League account on Xbox. Going forward you’ll need to enter a new verification code each time you sign in to prove it’s really you. It only takes a few extra seconds for a major boost in account security.